Friday, June 10, 2011

Vintage

I looked up the meaning of vintage this morning because for some reason I associate the word vintage with having to be soooooo old.  Like before the 70's.  But the actual meaning is: old, old fashioned, dated.  Interesting.  In that case, I'm definitely a vintage piece collector! So, check out these awesome vintage chairs the kids and I found at a yard sale this morning!
Littlest was so proud of our find. She just had to be in the photo! My favorite find is the lamp.  As I said before, I'm trying to copy a PB Teen room for Little Miss and this lamp is exactly what I've been looking for! I'll paint it glossy black and slap a chic shade on her and call it good!
Bubble Up Lamp Base
(via PBteen)
Stay tuned for these updates! If you're interested in the chairs let me know and I can cover them to your needs!
Linked up Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Nice finds. I love the lamp idea! Do you just spray paint it? I'm not very handy with these kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haley! Thank you! I am having SO much fun! I'll post some tutorials eventually so maybe you will find one that you would like to follow along! Or give me an idea of what you want to do and I can figure out how to do it! I'm a great copy cat! And to answer your question, yes you can spray paint just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you do with your finds!! Especially the lamp....your daughter is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim! I definitely enjoy her! We had a fun time finiching the lamp too! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete