Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back in Black!

Today Soup asked me, "Why do you paint everything?"  Hmmm.  "I don't know," I said.  I didn't really have an answer.  When it comes to the "to paint or not to paint," it depends on the piece.  It depends on what the piece says to me.  I know that's corny-way corny- but it's true.   Every piece I buy, the very second I see it, I can see a different appearance.  I can see a sad little chair with tattered cloth and beaten up frame all dressed up in different upholstery and fresh color on her skin.  Mostly, I like to drastically change a piece.  So when it comes to paint or to stain, I choose paint, because of the drama!   Now, I do have to say, when I see certain pieces that need to be restained because of the integrity of the piece as a whole, then I won't hesitate to restain it!  If that makes any rambling sense at all...

Here is one of the pieces that started the whole conversation: the precious little side table.


I do believe the chair has a scripty future! :)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment