Saturday, July 23, 2011

Free?!?

A couple of weeks ago, the kiddos and I had a really early morning.  That tends to lead to a bit of tension and a lot of cabin fever, so I decided we need to get out of the house and take little cruise through our neighborhood.    On what is usually a routine bee-line for the local Sonic, I spotted an unusually large curbside garbage pile in the distance (our neighborhood does those monthly bulk pickups.) As I came closer to the pile, I realized it was not a garbage pile-but a furniture pile... Yes Sir.  A furniture pile.  Not a smashed up, dumped off sort of pile, but a thought out, gently placed stack of a dresser, night stand, sofa and love seat.  Now it wasn't the sofa and love seat that caught my eye.  I wanted the dresser and night stand.  Well, honestly, I've been seeing this style of dresser around blog land and I have been lusting over it BIG TIME!  Now, I gotta tell ya, I felt a little-no a lot-anxious about taking things off some one's curb.  What if the stuff was sitting there waiting to be picked up by someone else? I felt like I needed to ask permission, so I asked for their junk... The woman looked at me like I was a bit loopy and said "Um, yeah, go ahead and take it..."  I felt like I had just won the lottery!  I practically skipped back to the pickup, and then it hit me.  Here is a full sized dresser and little ole me to get it into the back of a jacked up pick up??  Yep, I'm gonna make it happen even if I break a foot doin it... :) To make a long story short- I got that dresser AND night stand into my pickup, took my babies to Sonic for a milkshake and went home to get to work.  However, I did leave my finds in the pickup to unload when Soup got home.

In usual "Brittney fashion" I didn't get before pictures, even though this sat in my living room, behind my couch for quite some time...




I am so.very.happy. with the way they turned out.
HOG
 

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job! They turned out very grand indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very elegant! Wow, what finds and what a great job you did!

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete