Friday, September 2, 2011

The Beast

Well, the new piece I've been dying to share is FINALLY complete! I am so relieved to have this bad boy D.O.N.E! 


I love a good French Provincial, and this piece had some great lines!  I busted out my brand new pot of chalk paint and applied one single, definitely not perfect, coat of old white.  After that, I sanded all the hard edges.  I didn't play by the rules because I was experimenting, and immediately applied dark wax once the paint was dry (directions say to apply clear first).

This is how he turned out!



I am in LOVE! After all the challenges this BEAST provided, I am very happy with the end result! 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Brit - I had forgotten about your blog! Which is too bad because I love drooling over everything you make. I love the distressed white look on this one.

    ReplyDelete